|Name:||Magnavox Co.; Fort Wayne (ex Oakland) (USA)|
|Products:||Tube manufacturer Model types Others|
(The) Magnavox Company, Oakland, California, USA has moved to Fort Wayne (IN) when starting to manufacture radios in quantity. Magnavox was in San Francisco up to 1919. After it was bought by Philips it 1980 moved to Tennessee.
In 1910 Magnavox started as "Commercial Wireless & Development Company" at Napa, California. Peter L. Jansen, Edwin S. Pridham (both ex Federal Telegraph Company) and Richard O'Connor (finance) formed the company to achieve a sensitive telephone receiver. In 1915 Jensen and Pridham have put a horn to their "telephone receiver with moving-coil system" and then used it as a "Fog-Horn" for the local baseball park (Radio & TV News, February 1959). They called it Magna Vox. They developed a phonograph pickup and made a joint venture with Sonora in 1917 called "Commercial Wireless & Development Company".
|USA||25||10 Ch= D||One dial (primary tuning control knob) Single dial tuning. Enclosure for B batteries.|
|USA||52||130 "Playfellow" Ch= CR-215||12SA7|
|USA||25||25 Ch= D||One dial (primary tuning control knob) Single dial tuning. Built-in speaker. B-battery com...|
|USA||27||Eton T||One dial (primary tuning control knob)|
|USA||25||75 Ch= D||One dial (primary tuning control knob) Single dial tuning. Built in speaker. Encloses all ...|
|USA||25||One Dial||Mentioned in Radio Collectors Guide. Only a schematic available.|
|USA||42||A-1101||6J5||Push-pull audio amplifier.|
Further details for this radio manufacturer by the members (rmfiorg):