Blaupunkt Marimba Radio (Model No: 7.659.500)

ID: 165715
Blaupunkt Marimba Radio (Model No: 7.659.500) 
09.Jun.08 12:57

Anthony Alston (GB)
Articles: 31
Count of Thanks: 10
Anthony Alston

Hello,

I recently bought a Blaupunkt Marimba Transistor Radio (Model No: 7.659.500) from my local Boot Sale for only £3.00 (3.00 GBP).

It works well and is in fairly good external condition. However, not being familiar to this model, I've just discovered that the radio has been modified/repaired at some time in it's life.

From the information I have found on R.Morg my radio does not have a correctly working tuning function, operated by the tuning knob on the lower part of the front control panel but instead, someone has added a tuning knob, via an extention rod, on the right hand cabinet panel.

I appears that at some time the tuning function has failed, via the front tuning mechanism, and a 'bodge job' was carried out to make the tuning work.

The side tuning knob, via an extention rod, has been connected directly to the drive/pulley in order to make the tuning work.

Unfortunately this modification/repair/bodge is not satisfactory as it is badly done.

It seems that some of the internal tuning mechanism is missing and I'm keen to see what the original mechanism looks like and what parts may be missing.

I know that R.Morg has several photos & schematics of this model but no photos of the internal parts.

I wonder if anyone could provide some internal photos of the tuning mechanism assembly.

I do hope someone could help me.

Kind regards,

Tony

Attachments:

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

11.Jun.08 20:52

Henning Oelkers (D)
Editor
Articles: 603
Count of Thanks: 12
Henning Oelkers

Hi, Anthony,

i am a bit confused. As i understood Your text, and compare the pictures,  i cannot see the modification. Maybe the pictures are from the original condition?

If yes, can You please make a picture of Your modified radio, if possible from the interior too. Maybe we can find out, what part is broken, missing etc.

Best Regards,

Henning

12.Jun.08 04:29

Anthony Alston (GB)
Count of Thanks: 10
Anthony Alston

Hello Henning,

I will take photos of the modified radio, both external & internal and post them on here.

This will take a few days.

Once again, many thanks.

12.Jun.08 05:06

Anthony Alston (GB)
Count of Thanks: 15
Anthony Alston

Hello Henning,

Here are the photos (6) showing the 'repair' (modification) made to the Blaupunkt Marimba.

Please note that I have removed the Telescopic Aerial & Mains Power Lead to allow easier viewing of the dial cord assembly.

If you require more pictures, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Anthony.

Attachments: