philco: Radio Phonograph; 41-608P Code 122

ID: 288022
? philco: Radio Phonograph; 41-608P Code 122 
16.May.12 13:26

Joe Gabriele (CDN)
Articles: 6
Count of Thanks: 5

Hello,

I am repairing a Philco 41-608P for a friend. I have the radio working and am now trying to work on the record player. Can anyone give me advice as to how to remove the platen? I am trying to get to the rubber tipped capstan wheel but can't see how the platen comes off. Thanks

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

Philco Record Changer 
20.May.12 18:02
59 from 2396

Steven Huizenga (USA)
Count of Thanks: 4
Steven Huizenga

Hi Joe

I do not know if you are familiar with nostalgiaair but on the web site you can look up info. on different radio models. I think model "Philco 35-1169",  "Philco 35-1175",  "Philco 35-1176",  and "Philco 35-1180" may help you.  They have a lot of info. about Philco record changers.  They may not be the exact same as your model but it may help.

Good Luck,

Steve H.

I see from a latter post that you got the platter off.  Glad everything worked out ok.

Steve H.

41-608 
20.May.12 21:00
86 from 2396

Joe Gabriele (CDN)
Count of Thanks: 4

Hi Steve,

I am familiar with NostalgiaAir. I mainly used the site for tube pin-outs. It seems, however, that portion of the site has been down for several months.

I didn't want to take a chance and force the platter off. Last year I almost damaged a 1956 Sears SilverTone turntable trying to force the platter. It turned out there was a 'C' washer hidden under a felt circle that kept the platter in place.

Anyway, both the radio and turntable are now working well.

Regards...

Joe