philips: Philips BR 306U dial scale decal

ID: 412955
This article refers to the model: BR306U (Philips do Brasil S.A.)

22.Jan.17 17:39

Mario Batista (BR)
Articles: 2
Count of Thanks: 4

The dial inscription of this model is easy to destroy along the years due to its construction. I provided final art to an internet supplier Radiodaze that make a new good quality decal I used in restoration of my unit, which has an available picture in radiomuseum.org.

Notes:

1- I have no commenrcial relation to that company.

2- The current name in the supplier website is not correct (it is wrongly refered to Philco instead of Philips) and I already suggested the fix to the owner.

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

23.Jan.17 13:15
51 from 1142

Michael Watterson (IRL)
Editor
Articles: 1036
Count of Thanks: 3

Why not upload it here so that others can make their own? Radiodaze has it "watermarked" (Members here don't get a watermark). They are also very expensive.  I usually pay less than that for a whole radio!

24.Jan.17 23:36
101 from 1142

Mario Batista (BR)
Articles: 2

Dear Michael,

I just uploaded the dial scale file.

I did the inscriptions in black color and png file type respecting the RMorg rules. The print shall be in white, what is normally difficult to find. My final file was pdf and I converted to png. After upload I realized the site converts to pdf. I hope the resolution stays good for reproduction.

Thanks for the sugestion!

Regards,

Mario

24.Jan.17 23:56
113 from 1142

Michael Watterson (IRL)
Editor
Articles: 1036

There is white thermal film that can transfer to black laser print. Clear water slide transfer paper is available for laser, or one can print on laser transparency film in black and then use the while thermal film in a temperature controlled laminator.

Perhaps someone will find it useful.