Question:Possible Grounding Error Neutrowound 1928 Schematic

ID: 380623
This article refers to the model: 1928 model (Neutrowound Radio Mfg. Co.; Homewood)

? Question:Possible Grounding Error Neutrowound 1928 Schematic 
23.Jun.15 08:37

Jack McMullen (USA)
Articles: 8
Count of Thanks: 2

I've been wrestling with a 28 and a hand drawn schematic from Radio Museum.
I believe there has to be an error in the ground/common between the 2 front end RF amps and the rest of the radio. The radio wiring is correct against the schematic. However, the radio was previously updated at detector transformer and the dual 0.5uf caps.
Using an ARBEIII the radio has some strange behavior. The connection of my ground rod at the 100ft long wire causes loud 60hz hum. Removing the ARBE's 3rd wire green stops the hum. The sensitivity is very low. Antenna, tubes, power are correct and used in a Deforest MR-6

What concerns me is the lack of consistent grounding. The dual caps have common ground yet are not directly tied to the radio's common ground

If anyone has a few minutes and possible knows this radio can you take a look at the schematic grounding and see if that looks correct or if an drawing error exists.
Thanks in advance
Jack KG6INX

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

please post from the model page 
28.Jan.16 00:03
41 from 1283

Mark Hippenstiel (D)
Articles: 1251
Mark Hippenstiel

Hello Jack,

please re-post this question from the corresponding model page (go to the model, select 'Uploads & Questions', then 'Forum info or question').

It's going to be hard to get an answer to the question in the Talk board, especially since there is no link or model information for members to look at.

Best regards
Mark

Moved to the correct model 
28.Jan.16 18:37
67 from 1283

Bernhard Nagel (D)
Officer
Articles: 1681
Bernhard Nagel

The question has been moved to the Neutrowound 1928 model.

If you have a schematic for this set, please upload it to the model page (scanned with 300 dpi).
Thank you.