radiomuseum.org

Please click your language flag. Bitte Sprachflagge klicken.

hickok: Restore calibrate and modify this hickok 539c in europe

Moderators:
Martin Renz Ernst Erb Vincent de Franco Martin Bösch Mark Hippenstiel Bernhard Nagel 

Please click the blue info button to read more about this page.
Forum » Radios and other type of sets (Physics) etc. » RADIO MODELS DISPLAYED » hickok: Restore calibrate and modify this hickok 539c in europe

Cristian Fiscuci

RO  Articles: 1
Schem.:
Pict.: 0
27.Aug.17 14:25
Reply  |  You aren't logged in. (Guest)   1

Hello,

I want to purchase a device like this from USA. The thing is I do not know how to calibrate and service this machine proper.

Because it is expensive with shipping and postage, is there someone who can service and calibrate it in a professional way? In europe?

I do not want to ask this question after I spend 1500dollars on the unit.

Any advice and recomandations are much apreciated.

Best regards,

Cristian

Michael Watterson

Editor
IRL  Articles: 829
Schem.: 625
Pict.: 2384
31.Aug.17 19:45
Reply  |  You aren't logged in. (Guest)   2

You'd likely be better to buy a European tester, or maybe a UK AVO.

See also uTracer by Dekker. A cheap modern tester.

Some testers are only really simple go/fail. Not so useful unless testing all the tubes/valve in a TV. With rarer valves some sort of better tester is of more use as a 40% or even 30% emission tube might be fine. You want to be able to test inter-electrode leakage.

For restoration of radios, it's better to know the circuit is correct, leaky capacitors replaced. Dried out PSU electrolytics replaced etc, rather than using a tube tester which was of more value to test new tubes arriving in bulk or tubes in a new TV or Radio.

I only use my tester and the AVO vCM 163 I borrowed for doing curves to design new circuits or test unusual working NOS parts.

It depends what you want the tester for. The manual of any tester explains calibration.

rmXorg