schneider: Schneider Romance 215 (or is it?)

ID: 413456
? schneider: Schneider Romance 215 (or is it?) 
01.Feb.17 23:14

Dejan Dizdar (IL)
Articles: 25
Count of Thanks: 4

From the data sheet existing in the museum, this model has 6 tubes.

However, I have the same (looking) model with 7 tubes! Does anyone knows about this one - and maybe even has the schematics?

Best regards, Dejan Dizdar

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

02.Feb.17 09:36
24 from 1358

Mark Hippenstiel (D)
Articles: 1251
Count of Thanks: 4
Mark Hippenstiel

Dear Dejan,

It might be possible to help, but not without some more information and pictures. If you could upload (or mail) a few pictures: Dial scale, back cover, front view, inside picture - and specify which tubes are used - then we can see much clearer.

So far, the Romance is only known with 6 tubes.The Nocturne has 7 tubes. There is once advertisement for the Nocturne which shows the model (even with "Romance" printed on the dial) but that is most likely an erroneous picture.

Thanks
Mark

02.Feb.17 11:29
44 from 1358

Dejan Dizdar (IL)
Count of Thanks: 5

Dear Mark,

thank You very much for taking the interest in this subject.

Attached are the pics of the set; on the board I've marked the tube set "as received". Not neccessarily the right ones!

Attachments:

03.Mar.17 11:31
230 from 1358

Mark Hippenstiel (D)
Articles: 1251
Count of Thanks: 3
Mark Hippenstiel

Dear Dejan,

In the meantime I have created a model page for the 7 tube version and moved the images from Romance 215 (which has an erroneous model number and will be fixed soon). As a general remark: uploading pictures to "wrong" models will always cause confusion and extra work. Especially in the case of the 1950s Schneider models, which have only minute differences and no type number, only the same name for 5 or so different versions of the model.

The schematic you uploaded has also been moved. We need to show that it's a modified version of an original though. When you edit the scan and don't put information in it that makes the changes obvious, it will lead to confusion in the future. Perhaps you can upload an unedited version as well?

If possible, can I ask you to upload the complete set of images here, preferably without text on them, in a good resolution and a good background? We allow 1400x2100 pixel.

You also mentioned you have some service information in Hebrew from Klipper? Can you upload the relevant pages in their original form please? RKW manufactured radios licensed by Schneider.

Kind regards
Mark

04.Mar.17 10:54
282 from 1358

Dejan Dizdar (IL)
Count of Thanks: 5

I'll do my best to take all the photos and - I've finally succeeded "reverse-engineering" the model's schematics (completely different from all other Schneider "Romance" models!).

As soon as I'm done, I'll post all of it here.

Regarding Klipper Works, I don't have much info; just a few schematics of their 50's models.