telefunken: 2183; Allegro

ID: 383964
? telefunken: 2183; Allegro 
02.Sep.15 01:19

Richard Joltes (USA)
Articles: 7
Count of Thanks: 8

I acquired one of these units, but it was delivered with no power cable attached. Even with the schematic I cannot tell where the power should be connected to the unit; if someone could provide this information (descriptive or a photo) I'd be very grateful. It's not the same as the 5183, which is the US variant, as far as I can determine.

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

Telefunken 2183 
02.Sep.15 09:35
35 from 1767

Wolfgang Bauer (A)
Articles: 2479
Count of Thanks: 5
Wolfgang Bauer

Hello Richard,

Look at the diagram and image.
Use the connections "R" and "S" on the insulating srew joint.

Regards WB.

RE: Telefunken 2183  
02.Sep.15 16:49
52 from 1767

Richard Joltes (USA)
Articles: 7
Count of Thanks: 5

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks for the diagram. I thought this had to be the case, and that the switch was inline with one leg of the power cord.

Very interesting difference between this and the 5183 export radio, which has an interlock power connector in the empty rectangle on the power supply. I have two power supplies, one for each type of set, and the rest of the electronics are from a 5183. It appears the schematics are identical between the two aside from the supply (the 5183 does not have the large silver capacitor either).

My problem is that the set emits a 60hz hum when powered on, and I haven't been able to isolate whether it's from the power supply or on the board. I wanted to test using the 2183 supply, but it fails to operate the unit when powered on.

More diagnostics needed, apparently. Any suggestions appreciated!

Best,

Richard