67.5v batteries Ebay

ID: 325343
67.5v batteries Ebay 
27.Jul.13 16:19

Clive Forder (GB)
Articles: 20
Count of Thanks: 26
Clive Forder

Here is a modern replacement for sale for the Ever Ready 467 67.5 volt "B" battery used in many vintage portable valve/ tube radios. (Please see my previous thread and in particular Michael Waterson's extremely informative contributions on sourcing/constructing obsolete radio batteries.) 

This new battery consists of a case matching the size and appearance of the original. It contains an ABS plastic frame which seven modern PP3 9 volt batteries can be  "snapped" into. Battery is fully reusable. Price includes seven new PP3's. Price  is US $26-95 plus postage $7-10 (USA), $26-25 (international). Ebay item ref.261245733307. Item is closing soon but will hopefully be repeated.

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

Reusable Battery cases 
27.Jul.13 18:18
18 from 8916

Michael Watterson (IRL)
Editor
Articles: 1037
Count of Thanks: 11

The charge reflects the handmade production time. These are fine for people with lots of money and no time.

Personally I enjoy making my Replica battery packs. They are not difficult. And much cheaper.

In order for HT I prefer Alkaline AA cells, Alkaline AA cells and only use Layer type PP3 (or CR2032 coin cells at 12c each) if larger batteries don't fit. Alkaline PP3 are only about 1.2x longer life (at 10mA, 56 hrs rather than 45 hours) than Layer type PP3 as the 6 x AAAA cells don't fill the case as well. Yet they are typically x4 cost. Alkaline AAA may give over 110 hours at 10mA, Zinc Carbon AAA about 50 hours and Zinc Chloride 65 hours. IEC battery life tests are not representative of the 5mA to 12mA Valve/Tube battery radio usage.

In contrast LT life may be less than IEC tests suggest as the end point per cell for filaments is 1.0V, not the industry standard 0.9V. The 23mA to 70mA series (7.5 or 9V)  vs 125 to 300 mA 1.5V parallel needs to be factored also on LT life vs cell type.

I'd like eventually to upload plans, instructions and "cover prints" for all the types of vintage radio batteries with as close to as possible orginal capacities.

Folk can email me packs they are interested in (dimensions, photo and connector type helps, but I have a lot of catalogues now). Then I can see if it's one I have done or add it to my "to do" list. As a 1/2 way house and lower postage I could post pre marked card (or cut) with colour printout glued on. On larger packs I use "pizza box" card inners or even light plywood.  Any 300dpi scans of steamed open "dead" packs (may be as many sections as needed) or photos appreciated. Description and dimensions of internal dead cells is useful too.

I've started by actually creating a lot of Ever Ready and Vidor models and some Eveready/NCC models. Next I'll start uploading high resolution files to print and assembly instructions.

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.