ID: 574071
? telefunken: Atlanta De Luxe 101 vs. 105 
22.May.22 21:29

Michael Witas (USA)
Articles: 29
Count of Thanks: 4
Michael Witas

Hello:

I have a Telefunken Atlanta De Luxe 101 radio. I am considering buying a manual for the De Luxe 105, which looks identical.

Does anyone know the difference between the Atlanta De Luxe 101 and the 105?

It seems as if the 105 may have FM Multiplex stereo capibilities but I am unsure if this is built into the radio or via a seperate speaker module.

Any information regarding the difference between the two radio models would be much appreciated.

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

telefunken: Atlanta De Luxe 101 vs. 105 
25.May.22 23:10
113 from 780

Bernhard Nagel (D)
Officer
Articles: 1685
Count of Thanks: 4
Bernhard Nagel

Hello Michael,

Thanks for this question.

In my opinion, the two models Atlanta de luxe 101 and 105 are very similar. The main difference is the design of the dial and case. Atlanta 101 shows European station names for AM and LW bands, while Atlanta 105 shows only frequencies and meters on the dial. Another difference is the labeling of the controls, German for 101 and English for 105.

From a technical point of view, I can't see any differences so far, if any. Both models can be upgraded with a MPX plug-in module, which is not included when shipped. Since we don't currently have a schematic for the Atlanta de luxe 105, it would be of interest to know if there are any differences in the sizing of parts for FM deemphasis, for example.

BTW, Atlanta de luxe 105 has just been created as a new model ... If you have the manual for the model 105 on hand, a scan and upload in good quality would be a nice addition.

telefunken: Atlanta De Luxe 101 vs. 105 
26.May.22 05:59
133 from 780

Michael Witas (USA)
Articles: 29
Count of Thanks: 3
Michael Witas

Bernhard:

Thanks so much for your prompt reply and information regarding the Telefunken Atlanta radios.

I think you are probably correct that the two sets are virtually identical except for things like markings. I cannot see any extra buttons or controls on the 105 manual pictures in the e-bay posting. But when I receive the manual, I will compare it against my 101 radio. I'm still waiting for it to arrive in the mail.

And yes, I will post the 105 manual to your new model 105 page.