Please click your language flag. Bitte Sprachflagge klicken.

Convertisseur 230 VCA vers 110 VCA ou 110 VCC

Ernst Erb Martin Renz Bernhard Nagel 
Please click the blue info button to read more about this page.
Forum » Technique, Repair, Restoration, Home construction ** » How to store and to treat radios » Convertisseur 230 VCA vers 110 VCA ou 110 VCC
Patrick Delafon
Patrick Delafon
F  Articles: 2
Pict.: 0
04.Feb.14 16:02

Count of Thanks: 10
Reply  |  You aren't logged in. (Guest)   1

Bonjour à tous,

Je me demande si l'un d'entre vous a bricolé (ou acheté tout fait) un convertisseur 230 VCA vers 110 VCA ou 110 VCC pour alimenter de vieux postes à lampes alimentés directement sur le 110 V (sans transfo). Bien entendu, on peut utiliser un auto-transfo 220-110, avec l'inconvénient du poids, et l'inconvénient que le châssis de la radio n'est pas isolé du secteur (risque d'électrocution si on touche le chassis). Or des transfos 230VCA vers 110VCA avec enroulements séparés ne courent pas les rues... Comme la plupart de ces vieux postes (notamment les américains) fonctionnent indifféremment en CA ou en CC, un convertisseur électronique donnant du 110 VCC serait acceptable... Il me semble qu'une puissance de 50 W pour un tel convertisseur couvrirait presque tous les besoins...

Des idées ou suggestions ?

Meilleures salutations de Bretagne

Dietmar Rudolph
Dietmar Rudolph
D  Articles: 2390
Schem.: 923
Pict.: 467
05.Feb.14 11:43

Count of Thanks: 7
Reply  |  You aren't logged in. (Guest)   2

Dear Patric,

in Germany you will find at least two shops offering these converters, called "Spannungswandler". It should be no problem to service a customer in France.



Patrick Delafon
Patrick Delafon
F  Articles: 2
Pict.: 0
05.Feb.14 16:22

Count of Thanks: 10
Reply  |  You aren't logged in. (Guest)   3

Ah, thank you, Dietmar,

These people have quite a good selection of products. I will buy one 230VAC -> 115VAC 45W converter for my Crosley 11-100U (which pulls something like 22 W at full blast). 

These converters are probably autotransformers (only one winding, no isolation between input and output). Two isolated windings would be more in line with current safety norms (so that the chassis is not "live")... But for the time being, it will do!

Thank you again!


Ernst Erb
Ernst Erb
CH  Articles: 5661
Schem.: 13755
Pict.: 31016
05.Feb.14 17:17

Count of Thanks: 8
Reply  |  You aren't logged in. (Guest)   4

Dear Patrick
I would strongly recommend a real isolation transformer, which you use for only ONE "user" at the same time.
Specially in the US one has many radios with "hot chassis" - sometimes a child may even be able to touch with something (at least needle or so). Alternatively you can use it for repair on open chassis etc.

Have you checked our list of "Suppliers for Vintage Electronics" on the HP in English?
See post 5 from Aren vn Waarde for Europe! I'm sure you will find a good transformer. Aren has done a fine job, as has Thomas for the US.