saba: 410USE; Freiburg Continental ... spare bulbs

ID: 329739
? saba: 410USE; Freiburg Continental ... spare bulbs 
20.Sep.13 10:03

Howard Craven (GB)
Articles: 110
Count of Thanks: 9

Hello,

I am currently restoring one of these SABA Continental 410USE radios. It has not been used for many years and has been kept in a slightly damp place so its chassis is a bit rusty and all its switch contacts had tarnished. Having carefully cleaned the chassis, the set is now working again, even the motorised tuning works. However a couple of bulbs have failed, a dial lamp and a midget lamp under a key. These are not available here as very few SABAs were imported into the UK.  Does anyone know of a source of these in Germany please ?

Apart from the bulbs, the set won't turn off (a faulty switch on top of the transformer), the music/speech tone control doesn't work and the set lacks gain possibly due to deteriorated capacitors but in fact it has survived well and it's certainly an impressive radio set.

Regards ........ Howard Craven

Surrey Hills, England

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

Spare bulbs 
26.Dec.13 00:39
246 from 2212

Tudor de Zoete (NL)
Count of Thanks: 4

Hello,

For bulbs etc. i'll guess they can help you further at: antikradio-restored.de (Erzatzteileshop/spareparts shop)

Regards,

Tudor

saba: 410USE; Freiburg Continental ... spare bulbs  
01.Jan.14 23:27
323 from 2212

Howard Craven (GB)
Articles: 110
Count of Thanks: 3

Thankyou Tudor,

The miniature bulbs under the SABA piano keys are MES E5.5 8.5v 0.15a and the 'shop.antikradio-restored.de' website do keep E5 6v 50ma replacements which would probably work reasonably well.  Luckily I've managed to find some 8v 0.15a miniature bulbs in the UK which should work a little better. Anyway that is a useful website as they keep 3.5v 0.15a bulbs which fit the popular Bush DAC90A radio and they are almost impossible to find in the UK !

Regards ........ Howard Craven, Surrey Hills, England