radiomuseum.org
Please click your language flag. Bitte Sprachflagge klicken.

Bunker-42 on Taganka (Cold War Museum) - Бункера-42 на Таганке

101000 Moskau - Moscow - Москва, Russian Federation

Address 5-й Котельнический переулок, д. 11
 
 
Floor area 7 000 m² / 75 347 ft²  
 
Museum typ Exhibition
Military Museum in general
  • Telephone / Telex
  • Amateur Radio / Military & Industry Radio


Opening times

Admission
Status from 01/2014
see: Price list

Contact
Tel.:+7-495-500-05-54 or 500-05-53   

Homepage www.bunker42.com

Our page for Bunker-42 on Taganka (Cold War Museum) - Бункера-42 на Таганке in Moskau - Moscow - Москва, Russian Federation, is not yet administrated by a Radiomuseum.org member. Please write to us about your experience with this museum, for corrections of our data or sending photos by using the Contact Form to the Museum Finder.

Location / Directions
N55.741674° E37.649046°N55°44.50044' E37°38.94276'N55°44'30.0264" E37°38'56.5656"

The bunker is located underground at the station Taganskaya the Moscow subway. The entrance to the museum is located at address 5-Kotelnitscheski pereulok 11

The program includes:

1. The underground palace built at the beginning of XX century (Bunker of Stalin)
2. Bunker-42 with floor area of 7000 m2 situated in 65 meters underground
Duration: 4-5 hours

Description www.bunker42.com:
We offer to your attention a unique object - the one and only extant underground bunker situated at 65 meters underground in the center of Moscow which territory contains an interactive museum, perfectly equipped conference-halls, a restaurant, a banquet-hall.

Large underground spaces and unusual architecture allow to give individual and group guided tours to sometime one of the most secured war objects in the USSR as well as organize different events of any format: presentations, seminars, teambuildings, film-shooting, corporate and celebrating parties.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

Tagansky Protected Command Point

The Tangansky Protected Command Point, also known as An-02 (1947), FS-293 (1951), FS-572 (1953), and GO-42 (from 1980), as well as RFQ "Tagan" (and now known as the exhibition complex bunker-42) is a once-secret military complex, bunker, and Spare Long-Range Aviation Command Post (ET-42) in Moscow, Russia, near the underground station of Taganskaya. It has an area of 7,000 square metres (75,000 sq ft) and is situated at a depth of 65 metres (213 ft) below ground.

Construction of the facility began in 1951, in connection with the early threat of nuclear war with the United States. The underground complex was built the same technique that was used in the construction of the subway. Tunnels of the complex are connected by two strokes with the Moscow subway - station "Taganskaya" circle line metro. The first move was used to supply the facility, and leads to a tunnel between metro stations "Kursk" and "Taganskaya", the second leads directly to the station "Taganskaya ring" in the technical areas.

In 1956, the facility operated as an emergency command post headquarters and long-range aviation communications. Every 24 hours, personnel, including technical staff, were changed over at the facility. In order to prevent combat anxiety the staff worked in short shifts in order to stay alert. According to recollections of veterans, many worked for a number of other institutions, including the central telegraph, radio studio, and Geodetic laboratory.

In the 1960s the bunker was fully equipped with everything needed in the case of a nuclear attack. Stocks of food, fuel, two artesian wells to provide clean drinking water, over a long period of time.

In the mid-seventies due to a backlog of technical problems (lack of waterproofing, aging of diesel generators and ventilation systems), it was decided to reconstruct part of the bunker. The command post was supposed to be converted to the needs of the central telegraph office, however the plans never went ahead and in 1995 the bunker was fully declassified.

In the Russian federal budget for 2001, one million rubles of capital investments were invested in the site.

Capacity

Up to 3,000 people could live and work there for 90 days without assistance from the outside world, thanks to stores of food and medicine, an air recycling system and diesel generators. One entrance to the bunker leads to the Taganskaya metro station, workers used to commute to the complex on special metro trains that ran at night.

Private ownership and Museum

In 2006, the bunker was put up by the Russian Federal Agency for State Property Management for public auction and purchased by a private company, "Novick-Service", for 65,000,000 rubles with plans to turn it into an entertainment complex with a Cold War museum, a restaurant, and possibly a spa. After the takeover, the only objects unaltered are a massive steel door and steel paneling in the bunker. As of April 2007, it is possible to book excursions around the 600-metre-long network of tunnels.

In March 2012, part of the bunker had been renovated and renovation is still in progress in some parts of the bunker.

Description
(other)
Материал из Википедии:

Музей холодной войны - Экспозиционный комплекс Бункер-42 на Таганке

Территория музея представляет собой подземный бункер площадью более 7000 кв.м. на глубине более 60 метров, рядом со станцией метро Таганская.
Музей функционирует с 2006 года,.

История

Строительство объекта началось в 1951 году в связи с угрозой начала ядерной войны с США. Подземный комплекс строили той же техникой, которая использовалась при строительстве метро. Тоннели комплекса связаны двумя ходами с московским метро — станцией «Таганская» кольцевой линии метрополитена. Первый ход использовался для снабжения объекта, и ведёт в тоннель между станциями метро «Курская» и «Таганская», второй ведёт непосредственно на станцию «Таганская кольцевая» в технические помещения

Объект функционировал в качестве запасного командного пункта Штаба дальней авиации. 24 часа на объекте находилась одна смена технического персонала и военнослужащих, которая поддерживала в работоспособном состоянии оборудование связи и системы жизнеобеспечения. В случае боевой тревоги и на учениях на объект спускались четыре смены, которые могли нести боевое дежурство и обеспечивать работу штаба Дальней авиации. По воспоминаниям ветеранов, кроме Штаба дальней авиации в бункере работало множество других учреждений — центральный телеграф, радиостудия, геодезическая лаборатория и т. п.

В 1960-х годах бункер был полностью оснащён всем необходимым на случай ядерного удара. Запасы продуктов, топлива, две артезианские скважины с питьевой водой и системы регенерации и очистки воздуха могли обеспечить боевое дежурство личного состава на протяжении длительного периода времени.

В середине семидесятых годов в связи с накопившимися техническими проблемами (недостаточная гидроизоляция, неавтоматические приводы гермодверей, моральное и физическое устаревание дизель-генераторов и систем вентиляции) было принято решение о реконструкции объекта. Командный пункт предполагалось переоборудовать для нужд центрального телеграфа, однако трения между Советским Союзом и Западом уже значительно спали, и в 1995 году объект был полностью рассекречен.

Radiomuseum.org presents here one of the many museum pages. We try to bring data for your direct information about all that is relevant. In the list (link above right) you find the complete listing of museums related to "Radio & Co." we have information of. Please help us to be complete and up to date by using the contact form above.

[dsp_museum_detail.cfm]

  
rmXorg