Television Band III Converter
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Colben Radio & Engineering Co Ltd; Kent
- 1955 ??
- Pre-stage (adaptor for SW/FM/VHF/UHF incl. built-in), Frequency converter
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- RF Converter/Adapter (not voltage converter)
- Wave bands
- Wave Bands given in the notes.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 200-210; 220-230; 240-250 Volt
- - - No sound reproduction output.
- Leather / canvas / plastic - over other material
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Television Band III Converter - Colben Radio & Engineering Co
- Tablemodel, with any shape - general.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 7 x 5.25 x 6 inch / 178 x 133 x 152 mm
- Converted ITV transmissions on Band III (174-230 MHz) to Band I, Channel 1 (41.5/45 MHz).
To enable TRF Televisons (BBC only) to receive new Independant T.V. stations. This was for 405 line sets prior to 625 line UHF transmissions.
Set has 2 aerial sockets for Band I & Band II aerials.
- Source of data
- - - Data from my own collection
- Model page created by Keith Staines. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 1 models, 1 with images and 0 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Colben Radio & Engineering Co Ltd; Kent