General Electric Co. (GE); Bridgeport CT, Syracuse NY
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- General Electric Co. (GE); Bridgeport CT, Syracuse NY
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Musaphonic
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- AC/DC-set / Either AC: 50 to 60Hz, 105 - 120V or DC: 105 - 120 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 5.25 inch = 13.3 cm
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: T-165A Musaphonic - General Electric Co. GE;
- Tablemodel without push buttons, Mantel/Midget/Compact up to 14
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 13 x 7.5 x 6 inch / 330 x 191 x 152 mm
The General Electric T-165A is a 5 tube AC/DC operated BC band receiver. The BC band frequency tuning range is 540 to 1600kHz. Uses #12 dial lamp.
The following models use the same schematic and chassis but have different cabinet colors:
Model Cabinet Color T-165A Blue T-166A Cocoa
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 4 lb 8 oz (4.5 lb) / 2.043 kg
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Beitman Radio Diagrams, Vol. 21, 1961 (Page 51)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- Photofact Folder, Howard W. SAMS (Set 536, folder 7 dated 6/61)
- Literature/Schematics (3)
- General Electric Service Notes (General Electric Radio Service Guide Volume III 1946 to 1961 page 159)
- Model page created by Egon Penker. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 2842 models, 2060 with images and 1995 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from General Electric Co. (GE); Bridgeport CT, Syracuse NY
The model T-165A Musaphonic is part of the collections of the following members.