Aircraft Radio Equipment AN/ARC-5 so called "Command Set"
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- MILITARY U.S. (different makers for same model)
- Military Equipment (not Re, Tr or RXT)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Main principle
- Wave bands
- Wave Bands given in the notes.
- Power type and voltage
- Storage Battery for all (e.g. for car radios and amateur radios) / 28 Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Aircraft Radio Equipment AN/ARC-5 [so called "Command Set"] - MILITARY U.S. different makers
- Boatanchor (heavy military or commercial set >20 kg).
Aircraft Radio Equipment AN/ARC-5, so called "Command Set":
Receivers (powered by Dynamotor DY-2A/ARR-2, mounting racks and mounting bases for 1 to 4 receivers were available) (Remote Control Blank MX-21/ARC-5; Local Control Unit C-24/ARC-5 for local control):
- R-23/ARC-5: 0.19 - 0.55 MHz
- R-24/ARC-5: 0.52 - 1.5 MHz
- R-25/ARC-5: 1.5 - 3.0 MHz
- R-26/ARC-5: 3.0 - 6.0 MHz
- R-27/ARC-5: 6.0 - 9.1 MHz
- R-28/ARC-5: 100 - 156 MHz, four fixed channels
- R-112/ARC-5: 100 - 125 MHz, continuously tuneable
- R-113/ARC-5: 125 - 156 MHz, continuously tuneable
Receiver Control Box
- C-38A Three receiver control box
- T-15/ARC-5 special use transmitter: 0.5 - 0.8 MHz
- T-16/ARC-5 special use transmitter: 0.8 - 1.3 MHz
- T-17/ARC-5 special use transmitter: 1.3 - 2.1 MHz
- T-18/ARC-5 communication transmitter: 2.1 - 3.0 MHz
- T-19/ARC-5 communication transmitter: 3.0 - 4.0 MHz
- T-20/ARC-5 communication transmitter: 4.0 - 5.3 MHz
- T-21/ARC-5 communication transmitter: 5.3 - 7.0 MHz
- T-22/ARC-5 communication transmitter: 7.0 - 9.1 MHz
- T-23/ARC-5 VHF transmitter: 100 - 156 MHz, four fixed channels
- T-89/ARC-5 VHF transmitter: 100 - 125 MHz, continuously tuneable
- T-90/ARC-5 VHF transmitter: 125 - 156 MHz, continuously tuneable
- T-126/ARC-5 VHF transmitter: 100 - 146 MHz, four fixed channels
Modulator Unit (powered by Dynamotor DY-8/ARC-5)
- MD-7/ARC-5 (to modulate several transmitters), with MT-76/ARC-5 mounting base
Transmitter Control Unit (to control up to four transmitters)
- C-29/ARC-5, with MT-80/ARC-5 mounting base
Antenna Relay Unit
- RE-2/ARC-5 Antenna relay unit, with MT-77/ARC-5 mounting base
The "Type K Command Equipment" had been developed as a modular communications system for Aircraft use (with separate receivers for separate wavebands, separate transmitters, control boxes and accessories) in 1936/37 and has been tested and improved for military use from 1939 on. In 1940, the U.S. Navy started installing the equipment as RAT / RAV sets and the U.S. Army Air Corps introduced the equipment as SCR-274-N after May 1940. In 1943, the Joint Army Navy (JAN) AN/ARC-5 was introduced as successor system. Many receivers and transmitters have similar specifications but are not interchangeable. With introduction of VHF aircraft communications, new receivers and transmitters covering VHF range were developed.
- Mentioned in
- -- Original-techn. papers. (AN 16-30ARC5-2)
- Model page created by Martin Bösch. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 375 models, 329 with images and 185 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from MILITARY U.S. (different makers for same model)