- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Montgomery Ward & Co. (Wards, Airline); Chicago, IL
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Airline or Air-Line
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Line / Batteries (any type) / 115; 3 & 67,5 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 3 inch = 7.6 cm
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Airline GSE-1078A - Montgomery Ward & Co. Wards,
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 8.75 x 6.75 x 2.625 inch / 222 x 171 x 67 mm
Russet plastic cabinet. Same model with green cabinet: Model Airline GSE-1077A.
- Price in first year of sale
- 28.95 $
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Photofact Folder, Howard W. SAMS (Set 250 Folder3)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- Montgomery Ward Catalogs (Wards, Airline) (Fall/Winter 1954/55, page 666 & 667. 1955, page 716 & 717.)
- Model page created by Walter Wiesmüller † May 2012. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 2238 models, 1356 with images and 1737 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Montgomery Ward & Co. (Wards, Airline); Chicago, IL