- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Racal Engineering / Instruments / Electronics Ltd., Bracknell
- 1965 ??
- Commercial Transmitter (TX not Transceiver)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Main principle
- Superhet, double/triple conversion
- Wave bands
- Short Wave (SW only)
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 100-125; 200-250 Volt
- - - No sound reproduction output.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: TA-83 C - Racal Engineering /
- Boatanchor (heavy military or commercial set >20 kg).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 630 x 1680 x 690 mm / 24.8 x 66.1 x 27.2 inch
- Fixed frequency SSB transmitter, four crystal controlled frequencies (Channel 1 & 2 within range 3 - 6 MHz, Channel 3 within range 6 - 12 MHz, Channel 4 within range 7,5 - 15 MHz); USB/LSB, CW, FSK (optional);
Pout 500W SSB PEP, 400W CW;
transmitter control via LA-105 remote control unit, matching RA-87 fixed frequency receiver.
Set extensively used for UK government services as post, police, civil aviation and on oil rigs.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 272 kg / 599 lb 1.9 oz (599.119 lb)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Racal Handbook, Rinus Jansen
- Model page created by Martin Bösch. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 107 models, 54 with images and 12 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Racal Engineering / Instruments / Electronics Ltd., Bracknell