Sparton 6-26 Battery operated
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Sparks-Withington Co., (Sparton); Jackson, Michigan
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- TRF without regeneration
- Tuned circuits
- 4 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Storage and/or dry batteries
- - This model requires external speaker(s).
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Sparton 6-26 Battery operated - Sparks-Withington Co., Sparton
- Tablemodel, Box - most often with Lid (NOT slant panel).
The battery operated Sparton model 6-26 has a one dial (primary tuning control knob) operation. The ad September 1927 of "Radio Retailing" page 15 includes the models 6-15, AC 6-15, 6-26 and AC-7. The model shows a slightly different face in the ad between July and September 1927, but in July it might have been only a make up for photography.
See also the article here about different radio seasons.
- Circuit diagram reference
- Rider's Perpetual, Volume 1 = 1931/1934 (for 1919-1931)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Radio Retailing (Radio & Television R.) (September 1927, page 15, full sized ad)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- Sparton Radio Service Manual (Sparton Manual 1, Bulletin 5-1,2, Bulletin 1-3)
- Model page created by Konrad Birkner † 12.08.2014. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 739 models, 354 with images and 667 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Sparks-Withington Co., (Sparton); Jackson, Michigan