09.Nov.09 20:55

Ernst Erb (CH)
Officer
Articles: 5742
Count of Thanks: 21
Ernst Erb

Overview

Klick here for "all" Lafayette models.
Use the "Advanced search" for limiting by years - to get the later models.

Lafayette is known as a mail-order catalog business with sales outlets in different cities.See company description and the text about these catalogs.

See also the next main catalog, the Lafayette Radio Catalog no. 85, 1941-1 for season 1939/40 and no. 86, 1941-2 for the same season.
The main catalog before this Spring catalog here is Lafayette Radio Catalog no. 78, 1940 for 1939/40.

The catalog directly before this Lafayette catalog is no. 79 which we miss. We also miss the one after, no. 81.

Lafayette Radio Catalog no. 80, 1940 Spring - Summer

We link this thread to each model from this catalog. We then have a common text for each model of this catalog and can inform about the specific model year et. We then don't have to change on each model if we find something new or an error etc.

In this catalog for 1940 Lafayette mentions again 7 showrooms: New York NY, Chicago ILL., Atalante GA, Newark NJ, Bronx, NY, Jamaica LI and Boston, Mass. But like the main catalog no. 78, 1940 for season 1939/40 the company name is "Radio Wire Television, Inc. formerly Wholesale-Radio Service Company, Inc." 

Has somebody knowledge about the radio amateur models Lafayette sold and could work on that part? It is a most interesting part.

The catalogs show also many test instruments and I could send scans for further processing.

I handed this catalog over to Mr. Schaffhauser on 6th July 2010 including catalog no. 82 - on which Mr. Schaffhauser will start.
After having entered the models for this catalog or enhanced, I will go on with the text here. At the moment it is only an URL for the link in the model.

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.