motorola: Ch= HS-305; 52B1U

ID: 353501
? motorola: Ch= HS-305; 52B1U 
25.Jul.14 17:53

Mark Hippenstiel (D)
Articles: 1251
Count of Thanks: 5
Mark Hippenstiel

There seems to be an inconsistency here.

Models 52B1U, 52B2U and 52B3U have originally been created from Rider's and/or Beitman, and subsequently amended with images from Motorola folders.

On these folders, the models are called 52B. This is in accordance with a more detailed folder from 1952 that I have available, detailing the following sub-models for 52B.

52B5 - Black
52B6 - Dove Grey
52B7 - Grass Green
52B8 - Flame
52B9 - Hot Chocolate
52B10 - Middy Blue
52B11 - Clover Pink
52B12 - Azure Blue

These models have to be created and the collective material (except schematics) be moved or duplicated to those new models. No chassis information for these models was retrievable, but a number of them could be found on ebay, with their according model type stickers.

Models 52BxU do exist; according to antiqueradioschematic there is also a 52B4U, along with B5 thru 12, all from the original Motoral service documentation.

Who can take care of this? I will provide a digital copy of the folder 1952 (probably including more models that need correcting).

Thanks and kind regards
Mark

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

Additional Motorola 52B models 
28.Jul.14 18:57
63 from 1904

John Kusching (USA)
Officer
Articles: 31
Count of Thanks: 3
John Kusching

Hello Mark,

I have original Motorola documentation for all of these models.  The original Motorola datasheet covers just the 52B1U model.  The Motorola datasheet supplement No. 1 covers the 52B2U, 52B3U and 52B4U models.  The Motorola datasheet supplement No. 2 covers the 52B5 through 52B12 models.

I have created all of the missing models and have uploaded all of the Motorola datasheets to the appropriate models.  I have also scanned the pages from the Riders 23 manual and have uploaded them to all the models.  The Beitmans manual refers only to the 52B1U model and so I scanned that and uploaded it to the applicable model.  The Riders manual had a picture and so I uploaded that to the new models just so we have some sort of picture.

From the Motorola datasheets, the difference between the models is the cabinet colors.  There is also a very minor mechanical change to the chassis which can be considered a production change since Motorola did not change the chassis number.

The existing 3 models have been updated with the additional information which was loaded into the new models.

One point that is not clear is why Motorola dropped the "U" from the model numbers on the 52B5 to 52B12 models.

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.