zenith: 8-S-359 Ch=5807; 8S359

ID: 351730
This article refers to the model: 8S359 Ch= 5807 (Zenith Radio Corp.; Chicago, IL)

? zenith: 8-S-359 Ch=5807; 8S359 
02.Jul.14 22:00

Larry Richardson (USA)
Count of Thanks: 3

I am in need of a photo(s) showing the band selector switch and lever, with as much detail as possible of the linkage between the switch and the lever.  The switch is located on the right side of the chassis (inside the cabinet), however the lever is located on the volume/tuner shaft located in the middle lower part of the chassis.  On my radio, the lever and the linkage to the switch are missing.

Attachments:

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

No member has uploaded photos of his own ... 
05.Jul.14 14:40
52 from 2058

Ernst Erb (CH)
Officer
Articles: 5742
Count of Thanks: 3
Ernst Erb

Dear Larry
You are a member since only a couple of days. Therefore you have not yet uploaded pictures and one can only find pictures of this model of foreign source. You can see this in the absence of a list of collections below the actual data for the model. You can also see that by selecting pictures on the right to be shown in middle sized form (with the watermark). By mouse over and right click you can see who uploaded the picture and if it is code 1 (own collection) or 2 (foreign picture).

By doing that you see a courtesy remark for Mark Toppo, a member (I met in the USA). He mainly restores radios. As a member you can reach his eMail address and ask him directly.

I think that we could do much better service for all collectors if we show good pictures, sized for the maximum of pixels (933 width, up to 1400 hight). I wish you success, but also that you read the link FAQ and learn how to upload big sized pictures (also for details of the set ....) by using "save for WEB" and the JPG-Quality function.

Linkage Photo 
25.Aug.14 17:14
176 from 2058

Howard Mariotti (USA)
Articles: 51
Count of Thanks: 6
Howard Mariotti

Hi Larry.  Welcome to the Club!

I'm sorry it took so long for me to respond.  The picture below is of the linkage.  It is from an 11S474 chassis, but I have verified that it is the same as an 8S359 chassis.  If you need dimensions or further information, please contact me.  I hope this helps you.

Best Regards and Good Luck!
Howard