contec: KT-8135; a guests comment

ID: 280917
This article refers to the model: KT-8135 (Contec; Hong Kong)

contec: KT-8135; a guests comment 
29.Feb.12 21:27

Ernst Erb (CH)
Officer
Articles: 5742
Count of Thanks: 5
Ernst Erb

I just received a contact form and I post it here for owners of this model:

I came across your site by accident., and found your coverage of the Contec KT 8135 TV. Which, in our UK measurment, has a 14 inch screen.

I purchased one of these sets in 1983 in Darlington, England, and it was in regular use until last week (February 2012)! Although I have replaced it with a modern TV, I still have it, and it works perfectly. In 29 years it required a repair to the on/ off switch in about  1992- and that is the only thing that ever went wrong with it.

It is 'silver- grey' in colour and by later standards is very large and heavy for a 'portable' TV (14 kg!)- but technically it has been remarkable. Particularly useful is the panel beside the station selector switches that enables fine- tuning of the reception. The station selected appears in red in the small 'window' above. 

I also had a Toshiba  27in TV purchased in 1987, which also performed faultlessly for 25 years. Unfortunately I have had to dispose of that one because of its great size.

I doubt I incease your knowledge here, though I can confirm its age: since I bought this TV new in 1983 the Contec was probably first made in about 1981- 82.

Best Regards,

Ralph Cook, 
Dagenham, Essex, UK

Thank you, Ralph Cook.

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.