gemeinsch: DAF1011 (DAF 1011); Block cap wire question

ID: 178264
gemeinsch: DAF1011 (DAF 1011); Block cap wire question 
01.Dec.08 22:37

Michele Denber (USA)
Articles: 129
Count of Thanks: 3
Michele Denber

Sorry for the blank message.  The Editor was not giving me a text window.  I thought maybe it was waiting for me to hit Return in the Title field, but all that did was post a blank message.  I don't know why it was doing that.  Now it seems to be working.

Anyway, I am now replacing the second block capacitor in my DAF-1011, part no. 6766, the 1.5uF/4uF block located on the bottom of the chassis in the middle.  This block has three leads: black, yellow, and green.  The black lead is ground.  I'm now stuck figuring out where the remaining two go.  The green lead measures lower, so I'm calling that the 1.5 uF wire, making the yellow wire the 4 uF section.  The green wire connects to a 400K resistor as you can see here:

But I only see one 1.5 uF electrolytic capacitor in the schematic (coming off the plate of the RE614, below) and it connects to a 0.1M resistor! 

The 4 uF side does connect to a resistor, but it's shown as a 40K.

In my radio, you can clearly see this is a 400K.  So now I'm really wondering what's going on here.  Is my assumption of which wire is which wrong?  I know the capacitor is bad, so perhaps it's turning up bad readings on my meter.  Or maybe the schematic is wrong?  Or maybe I'm looking at the wrong parts in the schematic?  Can someone please help?  Thanks / danke sehr!

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

02.Dec.08 11:42

Hans M. Knoll (D)
Editor
Articles: 2163
Count of Thanks: 5
Hans M. Knoll

Hello Ms Denber.

I see your question and would like to say my opinion with regard to that.
I think, you are on the wrong way.
Read my drawing and examine your statement for this purpose.

Greetings of Hans M. Knoll

02.Dec.08 18:36

Michele Denber (USA)
Articles: 129
Count of Thanks: 4
Michele Denber

Thank you so much, Herr Knoll!  I was indeed simply looking in the wrong place.  Part of the problem is that the 400K resistor is labeled "0.4M" in my schematic and is not placed near the capacitor.  I saw it and just went right by.

Your schematic is much better.  Is it available on the DAF model page?  There are several different schematics there but I didn't recognize this one.  I actually have a copy of the parts list (Ersatzteil-Stueckliste) with the numbers corresponding to that schematic, but I don't have the schematic itself.

Anyway, you really cleared up this mystery for me.  It's all perfectly obvious now :-)  Thanks again!

02.Dec.08 19:12

Hans M. Knoll (D)
Editor
Articles: 2163
Count of Thanks: 3
Hans M. Knoll

Hello Ms Denber.

Good if it has helped you.

No, there is not this diagram here. I bought it, in order to show it in public with 100 %, I do not have the copyright.

I think you should use this,    there also the dimensions of the components stand.

I think thats a good version from german "Funkschau" a prof. Publication for electronics.

With the Telefunken- Version, you must always work with the part listings ( you have this!)

I you want  for private use, tomorrow I can send you a copy via mail.

regrads Hans M. Knoll