grundig: 2035W/3D/GB; 3D sound

ID: 279464
? grundig: 2035W/3D/GB; 3D sound 
16.Feb.12 23:12

Les Frost (CDN)
Articles: 12
Count of Thanks: 8
Les Frost

I have recently purchased this rasdio but don't have a schematic for it. If someone has it and/or the fact sheet I would like to obtain a digital copy. The radio came with a Majestic Baton. If it was plugged into the radio, is there a possibility that a fault in it could damage the radio circuitry?

Thanks

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

Similar 
17.Feb.12 09:07
23 from 3968

Michael Watterson (IRL)
Editor
Articles: 1037
Count of Thanks: 6

This one is similar but I think is 2 x EC92 instead of 1 x ECC85 for VHF-FM RF "front end". It does seem to use the same remote.

Any Grundig with same tube line-up will be very similar.

Schematic for Sale 
23.Feb.12 11:37
130 from 3968

Bob Isaac (USA)
Articles: 108
Count of Thanks: 7
Bob Isaac

Les,

If you can't find one for "free", UK Vintage Radio Service Data has this, and will sell you a copy for £1.99

Just "google" them, it will be the one with "service-data" in the URL (I've been scolded for including links, in the past...)

BVWS 
23.Feb.12 11:44
133 from 3968

Michael Watterson (IRL)
Editor
Articles: 1037
Count of Thanks: 5

I think joining the BVWS gives you the same info as Paul Stenning's CDs?

The UK Vintage Radio forum always deletes links to free schematics if they are on Paul's CDs as Paul Stenning is the sole owner of the Forum.

Grundig 2035W/3D/GB aka the Grundig Hastings  
23.Feb.12 12:50
143 from 3968

Howard Craven (GB)
Articles: 110

Hello,

I have restored one of these sets which was in fact marketed as the Grundig Hastings in the UK and it's largely similar to the German spec 2035 except for its dial, cosmetic differences, provision for remote control and 240v power supply and it has an extra piano key. There is a model page for the Grundig Hastings on RMOrg which is complete with UK written service data.

Regards ............ Howard

Grundig Hastings questionsfor you Howard 
23.Feb.12 14:38
160 from 3968

Les Frost (CDN)
Articles: 12
Les Frost

Hello,

I think I have read your article on fixing this radio. If I remember correctly you were restoring one with a broken ferrite and had another as a parts set.

Being new to this hobby and a distinct amateur I have a couple of probably simple questions at this stage of my restoration.

What is the AD push button for? I see it activates a switch that throws back and forth on an ingenius system but don't know what it will turn on and off.

When I bought my radio, the bottom masonite cover was not there but there is a small brass grounding piece that is wired to the chassis and was probably secured under one of the screws holding the protective cover in place. I am going to fabricate a replacement with a piece of masonite pegboard and make the holes a bit bigger to allow more airflow but wondered if there is supposed to be a foil covering glued on the cover facing the chassis to come in contact with the grounding plate? A Telefunken I have has a sort of foil on its cover but does not have any sort of link to the chassis.

I am busy looking over the chassis at the moment and recording the information off all the suspect caps prior to ordering them. I aam down to one that is burried out of sight behind other components and I think I will have to detach it, at least at one end in order to be able to read it.

I have printed out the schematic for the radio but having no electronics training am only able to follow some trails through the wilderness.

When I bought the radio it came with its Majestic Baton. It appears to have seen much use as the outer cord sheathing is frayed away over pert of its length and the bakelite case for it has been broken and glued back together in the past. I am not inclined to take it apart in caase I damage it. If it was plugged into the radio once that is restored, could faults in the baton cause problems in the radio? If so I will just use it as a display piece.

Would you mind if I contacted you if I have further questions as I progress?

My radio came out of the estate sale of a lady in Westmount, the old upper class section of Montreal I was told by the seller.

Thanks,    les frost

Grundig AD key 
23.Feb.16 10:54
1675 from 3968

Karl Anderson (GB)
Count of Thanks: 4
Karl Anderson

Hello Les, The AD Key is for the internal ferrite aerial, It switches between the external one and the internal for MW and LW. AD = Aerial Director. Im new here too, I have restored 3 of these sets now and have some good info. If i have anything thats not already posted i will upload .

Attachments: