grundig: 2045WZX;

ID: 213384
This article refers to the model: 2045WZX (Grundig (Radio-Vertrieb, RVF, Radiowerke))

? grundig: 2045WZX;  
16.Feb.10 19:29

Basim Bulos (JOR)
Count of Thanks: 2

i have studied the schematic for the grundig 2045WZX, and i noticed that the unearthed lead of the filament of the em85 magic eye tube is not connected to the 6.3 volt ac supply, but rather it is connected to one of the leads of the high voltage winding of the power transformer. i cannot believe this could be correct, as it would place a high voltage across the filament which would destroy it instantly.

my question: is the connection i refer to above correct?

i ask the question as i have recently acquired a grundig 2054WZX radio which is missing its power transformer and i plan to restore it.

regards

basim bulos

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

Schematic error 
16.Feb.10 20:33
17 from 2046

Bernhard Nagel (D)
Officer
Articles: 1685
Count of Thanks: 3
Bernhard Nagel

This is obviously an error in the schematic. There is no reason for connecting the EM85 to the HV windings of the mains transformer. The correct designation must be "b" instead of "a", same as the lettering for the other filaments connections.

This Grundig export radio can be equipped with a vibrator when operating from a 6 volts storage battery. A shorting plug with two interconnections must be installed when powered from mains.

Regards,
Bernhard Nagel

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.