Yuxi WANG (PRC)
Articles: 6
Count of Thanks: 8
Yuxi WANG

Member after harvest
To thank Radiomuseum in good faith
I rescue live a GRUNDIG Radio

Finishing maintenance GRUNDIG 5060 tube radio experience
I Amoy in 2009 to a very broken GRUNDIG 5060 tube radio, only, and has been at home do not have time to take care of. This year I joined the Radiomuseum, I find a repair radio circuit diagram, and gave me the confidence to begin to repair the dilapidated radio.
State: the machine is very worn, missing parts, no tubes. Power test: burned power transformer, rectifier bridge pile burned, the burning of the filter capacitor, the output transformer burned, many parts are removed.
1, I downloading from Radiomuseum Forum 5060 circuit diagram;

2, re-winding power transformer;
3, the replacement of a bridge rectifier and filtering electrolytic capacitor.
4, re-wound output transformer.
These three steps completed in accordance with the route map, I accompanied all tube: the the two EL95 ECC83 EC92, EZZ91, EBF89 ECH81 ECC85.
Then plug in the power boot.
State: the whole power section supply is normal, normal filament circuit 6.3V, indicator lights, each tube filament lights, but the silent medium wave, short wave and FM FM sound is very weak, the potential failure of, does not work.
I started measuring the voltage of all tubes found EL95 cathode resistor burnt, cathode capacitance burned, cathode voltage is not normal. Replacement of resistors, capacitors, the state of each pole voltage is adjusted to the requirements of the drawings;

6, replace all paper dielectric capacitors, radio age, these capacitors are ineffective.
Status: This time, the question of a naturally occurring, FM sound weak, medium and short wave silent potentiometer still does not work.
From then on, I experienced a nearly finishing more than 20 days long, starting from the posterior pole zoom level looking for resistance measurement, and still have not found a solution, then I focus on ecc83- el95 this line.
Part to take care of after the problem is still not resolved.
7 At this time, I began to study the tone part of 5060. Since the GRUNDIG 5060 has very complex tone adjustment circuit, I was a novice, first contact with the tone part time, I got another 5060 side against the real machine, side control circuit diagram, slowly look carefully controlled, and experienced more than 20 days, and finally found the pitch part of some capacitors are removed by the original seller, in accordance with the circuit diagram to increase the capacitance.

Boot, and finally 5060 permeability perfect voice made out, the sound is very good, very loud, but this is just a good FM tuner. Medium wave, short wave still no signal, I continue to take care of the journey ...

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

Adjustment may be required in AM and OC FI 
15.Sep.12 13:16
121 from 2221

Francisco Alemany Molina (E)
Articles: 33
Count of Thanks: 6

Hello.

If voltage measurements on valves in AM, OC are correct, you may need an adjustment in the mid frequencies.

Before touching anything, it is worth checking the oscillator and antenna coil for continuity and wiring.

greetings.

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.