ID: 334117
? ingelen: 539W;  
11.Nov.13 21:56

Perica Adnadevic (RS)
Articles: 32
Count of Thanks: 4
Perica Adnadevic

Hello old radio friends,

a few weeks ago friend gave me Ingelen 539W in quite bad condition, with million worm wholes on wooden case. I started restoration and seems that my 539W have a big problem in antenna circuit. First antenna coil is completely burned(see picture). Does anybody have an idea how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance, Perica.

Attachments:

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

Search another 539A 
17.Dec.13 15:12
123 from 1931

Detlef Boeder (D)
Articles: 375
Count of Thanks: 5
Detlef Boeder

Hello,

imho - you can find from time to time another 539A on ebay in good conditions. This model isn't rare and expensive like the geographics. Specially for your situation with millions of wormholes in the wooden cabinet and burned coil.

Regards,

Detlef

539w 
22.Dec.13 23:05
196 from 1931

Perica Adnadevic (RS)
Articles: 32
Count of Thanks: 5
Perica Adnadevic

Thanks  Detlef for interestig idea. I didn't think about something like that.

In the mean  time I restored wooden case, and it looks preaty deacent, I'll upload pictures after finishing restoration.

I tried coils from another model( Ei fabfication, but result was bad, signal was so week on MW  that it can receive only few stations. I thoght somehow to rewire this coil , but no data and appropriate wire for this "adventure". KW is good, UKW1 is also nice, but on UKW2 band it can not receive a single station, and it is band from about 25MHz up to 62,5MHz. As I know some amater and police communication is on this band. Does this radio can receive those signals? 

Thanks for effort, sincerely Perica.