ITT Schaub Lorenz Touring International 103 - Dial lamps

ID: 485859
? ITT Schaub Lorenz Touring International 103 - Dial lamps 
14.Sep.18 21:38

Daniele Tincani (I)
Articles: 3
Count of Thanks: 7

Hello friends,

this is my very first post in a forum on Radiomuseum (I'm a recent member).

Few days ago I bought on eBay a nice ITT Touring International 103 transistor radio, which seems to work fairly good, with a powerful and pleasant sound. Unfortunately, the dial does not lit when the radio is powered by AC mains (dial light was showed as working in photos by the eBay seller, but this is another story...). I suspect that one of the two 6V, 1.2W bulbs (which are connected in series) is dead.

Does anybody know which type of lamps (for example, E10, E5, etc.) I should buy for a proper replacement? If possible, I would like to avoid any risk of damaging the radio by disassembling it just to see which kind of bulbs are installed.

Many thanks for any help.

Daniele Tincani, IZ5WWB

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

15.Sep.18 01:01
17 from 2050

Marc Gianella (CH)
Articles: 325
Count of Thanks: 5

Hi Daniele

The used dial lamps have no base but wires. They are soldered on tags on the ferrite rod.
The lamps are AC driven.

Regards Marc

15.Sep.18 01:44
21 from 2050

Bernhard Nagel (D)
Officer
Articles: 1687
Count of Thanks: 8
Bernhard Nagel

At this model page there is a picture from the inside with removed light diffusor. You can see both small bulbs attached to the ferrite rod antenna.

For replacement, you can also use the W2x4.6D glass socket lamps 7V 1W or 7V 80mA (darker but still good illuminated dial) and bend the wires slightly away from the bulb. The wires shall be scraped with a sharp knife before soldering.

15.Sep.18 08:42
41 from 2050

Daniele Tincani (I)
Articles: 3
Count of Thanks: 10

Hi Marc and Bernhard,

thank you so much for your help! Now I'll try to find a pair of similar bulbs and go for the replacement.

Best regards,

Daniele, IZ5WWB