ID: 281136
? neckermann: 821/20; Brillant 
02.Mar.12 09:56

Bob Isaac (USA)
Articles: 108
Count of Thanks: 9
Bob Isaac

Hello Dear Radio Friends,

I have a question concerning the volume potentiometer on this radio.  Mine is broken, and upon disassembly and inspection I found that the small phenolic disk inside was broken in half.  My first thought was to replace the potentiometer with a similar 1,3M Ohm pot and cut the pole to the required length.  The original pot diameter seems quite small compared to other radios of similar design.  And the one I have selected as a replacement is rather a tight fit.  So I am attempting to repair the original phenolic disk and reassemble to original pot.  I fixed the two halves with Super-Glue, but I know that this is only a temporary solution and won't last very long.  So my question is: how would you proceed?  Would you glue the halves together using some epoxy compound or other bonding agent?  Or would you attempt to somehow make a replacement phenolic disk?  I appreciate your thoughts and consideration.

Kind Regards,

Bob Isaac

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

have parts? 
02.Mar.12 10:49
10 from 2673

Henning Oelkers (D)
Editor
Articles: 603
Count of Thanks: 6
Henning Oelkers

Hi, Bob,

can you please provide a picture, or the complete dimensions?

I scrapped such Radio because of Damage during shipment, but i am quite shure, that i still have the Pot.

BR Henning

Potis 
02.Mar.12 21:50
56 from 2673

Bob Isaac (USA)
Articles: 108
Count of Thanks: 9
Bob Isaac

Hello Henning,

Here is the potis removed form the chassis, the red arrow denotes its orignal location.

MfG,

Bob

The 2nd photo shows the backside of the pot prior to removal.

Attachments:

have Part ! 
03.Mar.12 09:10
78 from 2673

Henning Oelkers (D)
Editor
Articles: 603
Count of Thanks: 6
Henning Oelkers

Hi, Bob,

i just found this Pot in my "Pot's Box"

If you can send me an e-mail with Your complete Adress, i will mail this Pot to You next week.

of course, there are no cost's for You. Having kept the part for further use is payment enough for me.

BR Henning