radiomuseum.org

Please click your language flag. Bitte Sprachflagge klicken.

Novis FW125*, 4-volt rectifier

Moderators:
Jacob Roschy Ernst Erb Martin Renz Bernhard Nagel 

Please click the blue info button to read more about this page.
Forum » Valves / tubes - Semiconductors » Very rare valves or unknown (not in RMorg) » Novis FW125*, 4-volt rectifier

Ken Shellberg

USA  Articles: 20
Schem.:
Pict.: 0
02.Jun.20 17:23

Count of Thanks: 1
Reply  |  You aren't logged in. (Guest)   1

I am not sure if FW125* is equal to FW125spez. I think it just might be so, and should upload this tube picture to the "spez" page. But I need the advice of others more knowledgeable.

The test sheet provided by the vendor suggests that it is equivalent to an RGN2504 and therefore has a 2.5amp heater. And this suggests "spez". But I don't know how much credibility to give vendor's test documents.

Thanks much,

Ken

Jacob Roschy
Jacob Roschy
D  Articles: 1666
Schem.: 17
Pict.: 68
03.Jun.20 09:34

Reply  |  You aren't logged in. (Guest)   2

Hi Ken,

the * is no clear indication for "spez". If you want to be sure, you need to check the heater current or you believe what the vendor told. If it's 2.5amp, then it's the "spez"- version.

Jacob

Ken Shellberg

Schem.:
03.Jun.20 14:59

Reply  |  You aren't logged in. (Guest)   3

Hello Jacob,

Unfortunately i do not have access to test equipment necessary to measure heater current. As I am inclined to believe the vendor and think that in this case * does indicate that it is special in some way, I will upload this picture to the "spez" page.

Thank you.

Ken

Andreas Steinmetz

Editor
D  Articles: 641
Schem.: 81
Pict.: 39
03.Jun.20 15:46

Reply  |  You aren't logged in. (Guest)   4

On the test sheet there is written (third line after the diagrams, a little difficult to be read): "gemessener Heizstrom: 1828,... mA". Translation: "measured heater current: 1828,... mA".  So I suppose that it isn´t a 2.5 A heater (RGN2504 based type) but a 2 A heater (RGN2004 based type).

Ken Shellberg

Schem.:
03.Jun.20 16:07

Reply  |  You aren't logged in. (Guest)   5

Andreas,

Thank you!

From your reading of the test sheet, it does appear that it is likely an RGN2004 clone. And to be frank, it doesn't make any difference to me. I just want to be accurate.

But I have already uploaded it to the "spez" page. I hope you can "intercept" it and move it to the standard FW125 page.

Thank you

Ken

Jacob Roschy
Jacob Roschy
D  Articles: 1666
Schem.: 17
Pict.: 68
04.Jun.20 09:33

Reply  |  You aren't logged in. (Guest)   6

Hello,

the picture is moved.