ID: 44434
PHILCO MOD. 89 Code 121 
22.Feb.05 16:47

Júlio Branco (P)
Articles: 199
Count of Thanks: 26
Júlio Branco

WHO HELPS ME?

I acquired there is little time an I radio Philco Model 89 code 121 (Cathedral). This radio didn't bring the back cover. Does my doubt consist in the following: will it be that of origin comes without back cover? Can anybody help myself? In the case of having cover would be possible they send an image of her for me to manufacture an inside of the originality?

Thanks,

Julio Branco, in Portugal

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

Philco 89 
22.Feb.05 18:45

Konrad Birkner † 12.08.2014 (D)
Articles: 2333
Count of Thanks: 13
Konrad Birkner † 12.08.2014

Yes, one of the photos was of model 84. We have moved it accordingly. Both Models, 84 and 89 (and numerous others of Philco) look and often even are different depending on the year of manufacture. Currently I cannot tell the meaning of the figure 121 (there was also a 122 and a 123 for models 89 and 19), which could reflect a cabinet style, but that is my suspicion only.

Please upload Your Model Photo(s) to 89 (if the knob/dial arrangement is the same as in our photo).

The Philco cathedrals and tombstones I have seen did not have a back. Has Yours a Fahnestock clip for the antenna on top of the chassis?. That is an indication for me that there was no back.

KoBi

Philco codes 
22.Feb.05 19:39

Mario Coelho (P)
Articles: 454
Count of Thanks: 17
Mario Coelho

Tubes 
22.Feb.05 19:48

Ernst Erb (CH)
Officer
Articles: 5741
Count of Thanks: 19
Ernst Erb

According to that page the Philco 89 Code 121 uses the following tubes:
36, 75, 44, 44, 42 and 80. Same as model 19, 26 and 27. But Konrad has already cleared the model and I added code 121 plus some details in the notes. Now the model here is ready for upload of pictures and for adding measurements etc. Thank you. 

Philco 89 
22.Feb.05 21:08

Júlio Branco (P)
Count of Thanks: 15
Júlio Branco

Hello Mr. Konrad,

Thank you goes his information it was pays off useful and explanatory. Attn this team I don't have in my residence radio it alone that it can take the picture and to send. But I can guarantee that he have two clips type Fahnestock in chassis, one to connection to the external antenna and other to connection ground. The tubes that his use is: 2x44, 36, 75, 42 and 80. Was concluded like this that the radio already eat from origin without the back cover. On these next days, I promise that I send the respective picture to confirm this whole change of ideas.

Once again thank you for his help,

Júlio Branco

Philco 89 Cod. 121 
16.Mar.05 23:59

Júlio Branco (P)
Count of Thanks: 12
Júlio Branco

Hello Mr. Konrad,

Before lives I want to thank the participation of all in this forum.

The  promised here i going the picture of the label that Philco Model 89, and the they can verify he have the code 121. His With four knobs.

It goes them the back cover, I already found out directly in the site of the Philco, they informed me that these radios in the height that they were manufactured entered in the market without the back cover.

Philco 89 Code 121, with four knob's

Thank you goes your collaboration,

Julio Branco