philips: 360A (360 A); Oscillator problem

ID: 141956
This article refers to the model: 360A (Philips Portugal)

philips: 360A (360 A); Oscillator problem 
02.Jun.07 07:16

Bruno Gandolfo-Canepa (RCH)
Articles: 132
Count of Thanks: 4
Bruno Gandolfo-Canepa

Dear Members,

From March, 2006 I am restoring this 70 years old receiver found  in very deteriorated conditions. After rewired all the chassis, changed all the tubes, all the paper caps and some out of value resistors the radio played with intermittent behavior.

Using the Signal generator, the problem was confined to the EK2 oscillator circuit. All the involved coils were checked and I found the wavelength switch connecting  intermittently the oscillator coils. 

I have decided to dismount the Waveband switch four pertinax units and found a broken piece in the units 2.

Rotator Wave band switch

Wave band broken unit

I believe to arrive at the  end of the restoring process.

I will be very thanked if some member can help me to replace the broken unit. 

Each unit consists of a outer fixed ring, called the Stator and the central disc, the Rotor.  I only need the stator, any similar can help since the clamps and contact springs can be changed to the necessary or desired position. 

Thanks in advance, Bruno.

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

Bruno 
20.Jun.07 22:13

Alan Latz (USA)
Count of Thanks: 3

Just a thought here. Could you add a wafer from a new rotary switch at the end of the current assembly. First you would need the space and then you would have to engineer it's mounting as the new wafer from a stock switch would probably not match the existing. Also, you may have to cut or remove portions of the "rings" to match the existing  switching modes. All this is a lot of work, but perhaps one method if all else fails in obtaing a replacement. Good Luck, Alan Latz

28.Jun.07 20:03

Nicolo Salerno (USA)
Articles: 6
Count of Thanks: 5
Nicolo Salerno

Hi Alan, that's a great idea to try. i have a few sets with broken wafer switches put aside waiting for replacement and never thought of trying to repair/replace the just damaged section,LOL!  Yes it is a lot of work. i wonder what other materials might be suitable.thanks,--nicolo

01.Jul.07 05:47

Mario Bermejo (RA)
Articles: 237
Count of Thanks: 5
Mario Bermejo

Bruno I have several NOS switches similar to the one you depict, please post a close up and I will look in my storage. Yours for postage if I find something you can use

Mario