Please click your language flag. Bitte Sprachflagge klicken.

Power diode?

Jacob Roschy Ernst Erb Martin Renz Bernhard Nagel Dietmar Rudolph † 6.1.22 
Please click the blue info button to read more about this page.
Forum » Valves / tubes - Semiconductors » Other valves/tubes » Power diode?
Francisc VISKY
Francisc VISKY
RO  Articles: 96
Schem.: 9
Pict.: 376
27.Feb.09 19:18

Count of Thanks: 7
Reply  |  You aren't logged in. (Guest)   1

Can somebody give me some information on this tube…?


Dietmar Rudolph † 6.1.22
Dietmar Rudolph † 6.1.22
D  Articles: 2492
Schem.: 965
Pict.: 491
28.Feb.09 10:23

Count of Thanks: 6
Reply  |  You aren't logged in. (Guest)   2

The Valve looks like a high voltage power rectifier with vapour of Mercury. It is filled with some gas (probably Mercury) of low pressure anyway. This can be seen from the arrangement of the electrodes. Only in a gas tube the filament can be shielded as it is done here, and the rounded form of the anode and the shield indicate that the valve can withstand high voltages in reverse operation.

Regards, DR

Wolfgang Holtmann
Wolfgang Holtmann
NL  Articles: 903
Schem.: 37
Pict.: 29
28.Feb.09 10:48

Count of Thanks: 9
Reply  |  You aren't logged in. (Guest)   3

Dear Mr. Visky

It seems to me a Philips DCG 4/1000 or another one from this Philips / Valvo range.



This article was edited 28.Feb.09 11:08 by Wolfgang Holtmann .