ID: 120422
RF Block Unit for Sparton 827X 
07.Sep.06 08:13

Suleyman Acar (TR)
Articles: 17
Count of Thanks: 3
Suleyman Acar

Hello Radio Friends,

I recently acquired a beatiful Sparton 827X. The wooden case is in perfect shape, it only needs a little polishing. It does not have a back cover (probably originally it did not have one).  . When I got inside, I unfortunately found out that the original RF block unit (with MW, LW and 2 SW) was replaced with something totally irrelevant. Now I need to restore this radio to make it operate as it was originally intended. It may be next to impossible to find the original RF block unit, but I am not totally hopeless. Our friends from US may have it in one of their cannibalized radios. If I can not find it, what would be your recommendation for a second best solution? Thanks in advance for any help I can get.

Suleyman Acar

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

08.Sep.06 05:19

Omer Suleimanagich (USA)
Articles: 429
Count of Thanks: 2
Omer Suleimanagich

Hi Suleyman,

Your best luck would be to contact Mark Oppat at, http://www.oldradioparts.net/, who is based in Michigan, USA.

Please let him know that you were referred by me from this site.

Your other alternative, is to wait on EBay, or to ask directly on,

rec.antiques.radio+phono newsgroup.

Omer Suleimanagich
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.

08.Sep.06 08:00

Suleyman Acar (TR)
Count of Thanks: 2
Suleyman Acar

Hi Omer,

Thank you kindly for leading me to "oldradioparts". I will definitely tell them about your referral to get the best possible attention. If I don't get a result, I will explore the other possibilities.

Kind regards,

Suleyman

Please post via model - and Photos? 
11.Sep.06 09:56

Ernst Erb (CH)
Officer
Articles: 5742
Ernst Erb

Dear Suleyman

We still miss photos from your "beautiful Sparton 827X" ...

On the other hand: If you post something specific about a model please go first to the model and use the link there to post to the forum. then the article will be attached to the model plus seen in the forum!

I do now move this to the model ...

11.Sep.06 13:06

Suleyman Acar (TR)
Suleyman Acar

Thank you for the advice Ernest. I will follow it for future postings. I will send the picture of the Sparton when cabinet polishing job is finished.