sony: STR-7055;

ID: 194190
This article refers to the model: STR-7055 (Sony Corporation; Tokyo)

sony: STR-7055;  
07.Jul.09 20:22

Rolf Franke (CDN)
Articles: 13
Count of Thanks: 6
Rolf Franke

The sophisticated STR-7055 consists of a sensitive tuner, versatile pre-amp and a powerful amplifier.

The i.f section has permanantly aligned solid state filters and a high gain limiter IC for excellent stereo separation. A new IC in the MPX section cuts down audible distortion in mono and stereo.

The a-m tuner employs tripple tuned solid state filters and new IC  with an AGC circuit to maintain high sensitivity, minimum distortion and superior signal-to-noice ratio.

The pre-amp section emloys low noise IC's. The power amplifier section is direct coupled. A paralled complimenary push-pull power amplifier reproduces the powerful output throughout the entire audio range without distortion.

Three speaker sets can be connected, controlled be a selector switch.

The rear panel provides the following: antenne and ground terminals; speaker terminals; AC input; a 5-pin DIN input/output; RCA inputs for phono, auxiliary, tape 1 and tape 2 and power amp; RCA outputs for tape 1 and tape 2 and pre-amp. There is also an a-m bar antenna.

There is much more information contained in the manual, as well as a block diagram.

I am using this set with the following connected: LP changer, cassette deck, 5 CD changer and two tape decks. I also subfeed a stereo console at another location in the house.

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.