stern-sonn: 493 B; Rostock

ID: 287524
? stern-sonn: 493 B; Rostock 
12.May.12 05:48

Marcos Martinez (USA)
Articles: 3
Count of Thanks: 9

Where and how I can buy This Radio: Rostock 493 B

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

eBay 
12.May.12 11:33
17 from 1682

Michael Watterson (IRL)
Editor
Articles: 1037
Count of Thanks: 5

Use eBay.de not ebay.com and save a search with email notification

If you can't read German

Do the search on eBay.com, without model, just Stern Radio as often people don't know a Model. I wouldn't even put Röhrenradio as people might not put that. You could save a 2nd search Stern Röhrenradio which gives 26 results on ebay.de right now vs 279 for Stern Radio (compound "OR" only seems to work well for words NOT wanted ie "speaker -(travel, portable, nintendo)")

edit address bar from com to de

(Stern Radio gave 1 result then 92 results on ebay.ie when I switched to "All European Union", editing then to .de in address bar gives 279 results)

Click on save search = Suche speichern

Each email will only be Newly added results after the first one, so will be a small list.

Why the jump from 92 to 279 when searching ebay.de? The reason is that ebay postage settings are complicated to enter. Many people simply only put local postage.

I have had almost 100% success asking UK and German sellers that are listed ONLY on co.uk or .de and "no International postage" for a postage rate. There was 2 UK sellers that agreed but eBay wouldn't let me bid so I temporarilly added UK address, switched to it, placed bid and then switched back to Irish address. I did "win" one of these, paid the extra postage (requested total as "invoice" only had UK postage) on revised invoice and received the item. On other occasions the German or UK vendor didn't know how to send a revised invoice so I paid it and then sent the extra postage (via paypal or IBAN) and received the goods.

IBAN (bank transfer) is popular in Germany as there is virtually no fees vs Paypal. It's not got the potential for Fraud of Western Union or Moneygram as EU money laundering rules mean that the bank has to have proof of who you are and where you live to open an account. So the vendor using IBAN can be traced.

It used to cost €45 to send via IBAN in Ireland and then they admitted there was a 50c price service that was for non-urgent that might take 3 to 5 days (in practice the same speed as the €45 service). Finally last month (April 2012) the Scottish UK owned Ulster Bank in Ireland has discovered Europe and computers. I now can do IBAN for free to Euro destinations via my online banking, so €14 worth of  Ferrite Rods from Germany (inc post!) cost me exactly that and the vendor only had to pay ebay charge, no paypal and had the money direct with no charge. Have you ever tried to get money OUT of paypal?

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.