- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Admiral (brand) Continental Radio & Television Co.; Chicago, IL
- 1959 ?
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Continental Radio & TV
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 5 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / C: 8 x 1.5 Volt
- 2 Loudspeakers
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 537 Ch= 8L1 - Admiral brand Continental
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 235 x 180 x 77 mm / 9.3 x 7.1 x 3 inch
The Admiral Model 537 is a Battery operated Transistorized Portable AM Receiver.
Front speaker 12 cm, back speaker 8 cm.
Material: Vinyl covered heavy iron.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 2.9 kg / 6 lb 6.2 oz (6.388 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 40.00 $
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Photofact Folder, Howard W. SAMS (Date 2-59, Set 431, Folder 3)
- Model page created by Egon Penker. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 3039 models, 1202 with images and 2388 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Admiral (brand) Continental Radio & Television Co.; Chicago, IL