- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Admiral (brand) Continental Radio & Television Co.; Chicago, IL
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Continental Radio & TV
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- AC/DC-set / 117 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 6 inch = 15.2 cm
- Bakelite or Plastics (type unknown)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 5R35 Ch= 5R3 - Admiral brand Continental
- Tablemodel without push buttons, Mantel/Midget/Compact up to 14
SAMS Potofact date 4-55, set 272, folder 1 show the Admiral models 5R32, 5R33, 5R35, 5R36, 5R37 and 5R38 with the chassis 5R3 and the models 5S32, 5S33, 5S34, 5S35 and 5S38 with chassis 5S3 on the same schematic. The difference between R and S: S is AC only with electric clock. Otherwise they are the same except color. The color is given by the last digit, 2 = maroon, 3 = ivory, 5 = cherry red, 6 = sun-gold yellow, 7 = beige, and 8 = green. The models have a loop antenna.
Beitman lists also models 5T31, 5T32, 5T33, 5T34 and 5T38 for chassis 5T3 on the same circuit where only chassis 5S3 differs with the clock associated switch.
- Source of data
- Beitman Radio Diagrams, Vol. 15, 1955
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Photofact Folder, Howard W. SAMS (Date 4-55, set 272, folder 1, title copy)
- Model page created by Egon Penker. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 3040 models, 1203 with images and 2388 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Admiral (brand) Continental Radio & Television Co.; Chicago, IL