Standard Horn Loudspeaker
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- AJS; A.J. Stevens & Co Ltd; Wolverhampton
- Loudspeaker, headphone or earphone
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: A.J.S.
- Power type and voltage
- No Power needed
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Standard Horn Loudspeaker - AJS; A.J. Stevens & Co Ltd;
- Tablemodel, with any shape - general.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 0 x 24 x 0 inch / 0 x 610 x 0 mm
- The A.J.S started to build loudspeakes at the same time they started to produce radios. The largest and more expensive model was the 24" high 'Standard Loudspeaker' with either a metal or wooden horn. The metal horn came in either a matt black or grained wood finish and the wooden horn was available with oak or mahogany flares.
The STandard horn loudspeaker from A.J. Stevens & Co. Ltd., Wolverhampton use like most loudspekers of that kind a metal diaphragm that is suspended above two pole pieces that are attached to a horseshoe magnet. A coil is wound around each pole piece so that a current flowing through it will vary the magnetic field. The magnetic field attracts the thin diaphragm which bends towards the magnet. When the field is varied by the current in the coils the diaphragm moves. When an audio signal is applied to the coils the diaphragm moves up and down and will move the air in sympathy. The two coils in series will have a DC resistance of about 2000 Ohms.
- Price in first year of sale
- 4.00 £
- Source of data
- - - Data from my own collection
- Model page created by Ernst Erb. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 34 models, 21 with images and 3 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from AJS; A.J. Stevens & Co Ltd; Wolverhampton