Multi-page colour graphics generator 260-30
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Albis, Albiswerke AG (Siemens Switzerland AG / Telefunken Zürich AG / Siemens-Albis); Albisrieden
- Signal Processing and Computing
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- SN74LS02 SN74LS04 SN74S04 SN74LS08 SN74LS20 SN74LS123 SN74LS32 SN74LS74 SN74S86 SN74LS138 SN74S140 SN74LS153 SN74LS157 SN74S158 SN74LS165 SN74LS174 SN74LS191 SN74LS393 SN74LS399 KM4164 BSX29 BC108B 1N914 ZD6,2
- Wave bands
- - without
- Power type and voltage
- Powered by external power supply or a main unit. / 5 Volt
- - - No sound reproduction output.
- Printed Circuit Board
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Multi-page colour graphics generator 260-30 - Albis, Albiswerke AG Siemens
- Chassis only or for «building in»
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 216 x 185 x 10 mm / 8.5 x 7.3 x 0.4 inch
At the beginning of the 1980s there were major advances in dynamic RAM technology and the breakthrough 64K single-supply DRAM entered volume production. A price war involving Japanese manufacturers soon made these chips very attractive for computer memory. This new technology was used in the 260-30 multi-page colour/grey-scale video graphics generator, which was developed in 1980 and produced for CAVIAR microcomputers from 1981 to 1985.
Compatible with European standard RGB colour video monitors.
24 NMOS M5K4164-15/MCM6665-15 dynamic RAMs storing 192 Kbytes of RGB data.
Externally generated RAS refresh timing by multi-tap delay line.
8 pages, separately selectable to be written, displayed or erased.
Single command to erase memory to black or white or any RGB colour.
Selectable display surround colour or greyscale intensity.
Short vector mode.
Horizontal frequency 15.720 kHz. Porch 7.2 microseconds.
Vertical frequency 50 Hz. Porch 770 microseconds.
Master crystal oscillator frequency 14.1072 MHz.
RGB colour video output:
TTL levels (74S140 drivers).
Video and sync polarity independently selectable.
Combined sync and separate horizontal and vertical sync outputs.
Monochrome composite video output (75 ohm load):
Greyscale (8 levels).
Video 0.7v, sync 0.3v.
Semiconductor complement 70 ICs, 1 1N914A, 1 ZD6.2, 1 BSX29, 2 BC108B.
Standard 3.96 mm pitch 2 x 22 pin data input connector.
3M 3446-1002 video output connector.
Power supply 5v DC.
The graphics generator was designed by Bruce Taylor and manufactured by Siemens-Albis SA.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 0.296 kg / 0 lb 10.4 oz (0.652 lb)
- Model page created by Bruce Taylor. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 169 models, 143 with images and 141 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Albis, Albiswerke AG (Siemens Switzerland AG / Telefunken Zürich AG / Siemens-Albis); Albisrieden