Triode & Cathode-Ray Tube Display Unit A84702 DU1
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Amalgamated Wireless Valve Co. Ltd. (AWV); Sydney, NSW
- Service- or Lab Equipment
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Number of Transistors
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 240 Volt
- Metal case, TUBES VISIBLE
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Triode & Cathode-Ray Tube Display Unit A84702 [DU1] - Amalgamated Wireless Valve Co.
- Tablemodel, with any shape - general.
The A84702 is a Visual Aid demonstration instrument for educational use for displaying tube functionality. These units were widely used in physics laboratories in schools and universities.
It was designed to work with the AWV AV25 demonstration Triode and the AV43 CRT in a single unit.
A description from Radiotronics, November 1959, Page 297 on the operation of this instrument can be found under the AV43 CRT
One of the units in the photos has a type number DU1. This is thought to be an early prototype of the A84702.
- Mentioned in
- - - Manufacturers Literature (Radiotronics October 1956, Page 127.)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (Radiotronics January 1959, Page 12.)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (Radiotronics November 1959, Page 296.)
- Model page created by Gary Cowans. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 6 models, 2 with images and 5 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Amalgamated Wireless Valve Co. Ltd. (AWV); Sydney, NSW