R.F. Amplifier AL-84
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Ameritron; Starkville (MS)
- Amateur Equipment (Other, but not Key)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Radio Frequency Amplification only
- Wave bands
- Short Wave (SW only)
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 120; 240 Volt
- - - No sound reproduction output.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: R.F. Amplifier AL-84 - Ameritron; Starkville MS
- Tablemodel, low profile (big size).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 11.5 x 5.25 x 10.5 inch / 292 x 133 x 267 mm
AL-84 is a grounded-grid, class AB2 power amplifier covering the 1.8 to 22 MHz amateur bands (licensed radio amateurs can modify the AL-84 to include the 28 MHz band). Output is 400 watts minimum.
This model was manufactured by Ameritron in Cleveland (OH), before the acquisition by MFJ.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 26 lb (26 lb 0 oz) / 11.804 kg
- Mentioned in
- Beam Amateurfunk-Geräteführer '90
- Model page created by Eduard Abfalterer. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 10 models, 10 with images and 7 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Ameritron; Starkville (MS)