4445A Model 9A variometer tuned
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Atwater Kent Mfg. Co.; Philadelphia, USA
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- TRF without regeneration
- Tuned circuits
- 2 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Storage and/or dry batteries
- - This model requires external speaker(s).
- Wooden case, TUBES VISIBLE.
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 4445A Model 9A [variometer tuned] - Atwater Kent Mfg. Co.;
- Miscellaneous shapes - described under notes.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 620 x 220 x 220 mm / 24.4 x 8.7 x 8.7 inch
Breadboard. Two dials (primary tuning control knobs).
This was the last version of the variometer tuned Model 9. Battery binding posts were removed and power was carried to the receiver through a cable. The early version 9 used a green T/A unit and battery binding post connections while the later version used the cable and a brown wrinkle paint finish T/A can.
Breadboard consisting of two type 11 tuners, RF-amp, TA 3812 Det./Amp; even regeneration was possible (though not designed for) through plate coupling (with a very good front tube);
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 5 kg / 11 lb 0.2 oz (11.013 lb)
- Source of data
- Collector's Guide to Antique Radios (6th edition)
- Model page created by Konrad Birkner † 12.08.2014. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 504 models, 324 with images and 327 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Atwater Kent Mfg. Co.; Philadelphia, USA