Radio Set RT-294A / ARC-44
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Bendix Radio Division; Baltimore, MD
- 1957 ??
- Military Equipment (not Re, Tr or RXT)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Tubes
- Valves / Tubes
- 5636 5840 5902 5718 5840 5636 5718 5840 5840 5763 5763 5840 5840 5840 5840 5636 5636 5840 5718 5718 6112 5718 5718 5718
- Main principle
- Transceiver; ZF/IF 6550-7450; 2987 kHz
- Wave bands
- Wave Bands given in the notes.
- Power type and voltage
- Other, details in remarks or not known. / 28VDC and the following from the Dynamotor: 150VDC, 300VDC and 400cycles, 28 Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Radio Set RT-294A / ARC-44 - Bendix Radio Division;
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 5.13 x 7.24 x 13.9 inch / 130 x 184 x 353 mm
The RT-294A as part of the AN/ARC-44 (FM liaison set) is an airborne, frequency-modulated (FM) transceiver capable of four prime operating functions:
(1) transmission and reception of FM signals in the 24 to 51.9-megacycle (mc) range,
(2) retransmission of signals between two or more remote FM stations,
(3) direction finding and homing, and
(4) aircraft interphone communication.
Power input from Dynamotor DY-107/AR: 150VDC, 300VDC, 28VAC/400cps, 28VDC
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 14 lb (14 lb 0 oz) / 6.356 kg
- Mentioned in
- -- Original-techn. papers.
- Model page created by Robert Düring. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 336 models, 272 with images and 214 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Bendix Radio Division; Baltimore, MD