Rotary Quenched Spark Gap
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Benwood Radio Co. Inc.; Saint Louis, Missouri
- Amateur Equipment (Other, but not Key)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Wave bands
- - without
- Power type and voltage
- No Power needed
- - - No sound reproduction output.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Rotary Quenched Spark Gap - Benwood Radio Co. Inc.; Saint
- Tablemodel, with any shape - general.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 10 x 11 x 5 inch / 254 x 279 x 127 mm
- The "Benwood" Rotary Quenched Spark Gap Designed for use on transmitters up to 1 k.w. This instrument was designed also to be belt driven so any motor could be used to run the device. Various pulley sizes could be used to vary the speed of the device.
Rotary gap sold for $27.50 in a December 1919 QST advertisement
- Price in first year of sale
- 28.00 $
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- December 1919 QST magazine page 72
- Model page created by Alan Larsen. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 3 models, 3 with images and 0 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Benwood Radio Co. Inc.; Saint Louis, Missouri