- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Brown S. G. Ltd.; London
- Loudspeaker, headphone or earphone
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: H4 - Brown S. G. Ltd.; London
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 175 x 260 x 200 mm / 6.9 x 10.2 x 7.9 inch
- Hauteur: 25.5 cm. In "Le Guide du Coll.Biraud/Foster 2" Jahrgang 1926. HP électromagnétique.
This model was introduced in 1925 and was the last in the range to be produced by S.G.Brown.
It was the smallest and measured 10.5 inches high with a flare diameter of 7 inches.
It was advertised as 'a genuine Brown at the price of a pair of phones'. The cost was 1 pound 10 shillings.
This horn used the same driver and metal base as the earlier models but was only available in 2000 ohms impedance.
It was produced in black and brown enamelled finish.
Horn Loudspeakers by S.G.Brown, Ian L.Sanders, Radio Bygones No.35, June/July 1995, page 13-17.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 1.160 kg / 2 lb 8.9 oz (2.555 lb)
- Mentioned in
- Radio! Radio!
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Le Guide du Collectionneur TSF Biraud/Foster, Vol. II (page 419)
- Model page created by Bernd P. Kieck. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 50 models, 40 with images and 3 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Brown S. G. Ltd.; London