Rice-Kellogg Loudspeaker RK
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- BTH (B.T.H.), British Thomson-Houston Co, Ltd.
- 1927 ?
- Loudspeaker, headphone or earphone
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Wave bands
- - without
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC)
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil)
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Rice-Kellogg Loudspeaker RK - BTH B.T.H., British Thomson-
- Chassis only or for «building in»
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 310 x 310 x 240 mm / 12.2 x 12.2 x 9.4 inch
- Since 1926 BTH manufacures the moving coil loudspeaker. For use with either AC or DC, the unit incorporates the output amplifier as well as the mains equipment giving the necessary high anode voltage, exceeding 400, while the grid bias is also obtained from the mains. The electro-magnet is of large diameter, the pole being about 1 5/8 inch across. A supple centring device holds the coil in position, and the diaphragm is about 6 inch in diameter. Plunger operated contacts break all current supply circuits by the act of removing the unit from its containing cabinet.
Excitation field with Selenium rectifier. R-K = Rice-Kellogg.
A video about the first Rice-Kellogg Prototype at YouTube.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 13.6 kg / 29 lb 15.3 oz (29.956 lb)
- Mentioned in
- Wireless World (The), London (WW, 79)
- Model page created by Sándor Selyem-Tóth. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 38 models, 33 with images and 5 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from BTH (B.T.H.), British Thomson-Houston Co, Ltd.