Bud Radio Inc.; Cleveland (OH)
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Bud Radio Inc.; Cleveland (OH)
- Amateur Equipment (Other, but not Key)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Main principle
- something special ? Please give information (notes)
- Tuned circuits
- 3 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Wave Bands given in the notes.
- Power type and voltage
- No Power needed
- - - No sound reproduction output.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Wavemeter WM-78 - Bud Radio Inc.; Cleveland OH
- Very small Portable or Pocket-Set (Handheld) < 8 inch.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 6 x 8.5 x 2 inch / 152 x 216 x 51 mm
The Bud WM-78 Wavemeter covers all amateur bands from 160 to 5 meters. Bands in two ranges from 20 to 40 or 80 to 160 meters are selected by a switch on one side of the wavemeter. The range of bands from 5 to 15 meters is covered by the other side of the device.
An absorption type wave meter allows the user to distinguish whether a transmitter is resonant on the intended radio frequency versus an unintended harmonic. The wavemeter incandescent light bulb glows when the wavemeter is resonant with that of the RF being measured, absorbing some power from the RF circuit itself. The WM-78 can also be used as a neutralizing indicator.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 4 lb (4 lb 0 oz) / 1.816 kg
- Price in first year of sale
- 6.90 USD
- Mentioned in
- Radio News 2-1946 p 74
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Allied catalog 1947 p 54
- Model page created by Rich Post. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 15 models, 13 with images and 2 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Bud Radio Inc.; Cleveland (OH)
The model Wavemeter is part of the collections of the following members.