- Manufacturer / Brand
- Canadian General Electric (Canada) (C.G.E. or CGE); Toronto, ON
- 1948 ?
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 460 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 105 -125 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 4 inch = 10.2 cm
- Power out
- 1.1 W (1.5 W max.)
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: C-65 - Canadian General Electric
- Tablemodel with Clock ((Alarm-) Clock Radio).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 11.5 x 6.5 x 6.3 inch / 292 x 165 x 160 mm
The General Electric model C-65 is an AC only operated 5 tube BC band receiver with clock. The BC band frequency tuning range is 540 to 1620kHz. The tuning control drive ratio is 1:1
Model C-65 cabinet colour is Ivory, model C-64 is identical but the cabinet colour is Brown.
WARNING: One side of the AC line is connected to the chassis. When servicing this radio, an isolation transformer should be used between the power line and the radio.
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- General Electric Radio and Television Service Manual 1945-1949
- Model page created by Tom Seeger. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 503 models, 370 with images and 427 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Canadian General Electric (Canada) (C.G.E. or CGE); Toronto, ON